Join our Team!
To continue our success story we are now expanding our services to the rest of Europe. For our office in Berlin (Germany) we are currently looking for a Tech Lead Operations (m/f/x).
- As Tech Lead (m/f/x) for the Operations department, it’s your duty to channel and orchestrate the technical developments of Aroundhome’s IT-Operations Engineering team
- You are responsible for evaluating, setting up, extending and maintaining a robust and sustainable infrastructure platform that can grow together with the company’s demands
- You empower our software engineers through your distinctive automation skills and the effective use of modern, cloud-based services and proactively advise them as a mentor about how to improve specific processes and structures
- You have an eye on recent technical trends with their advantages and disadvantages and ensure that all components act together as one while standing up for removing technical debt
- Your extensive knowledge of complex infrastructure architecture and design, combined with your experience and abilities to establish best practices and meaningful processes, allow you to build a stable scaffold for us as a tech company to scale
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science (or similar) and were considered a Senior DevOps Engineer, Senior Operations Engineer or Site Reliability Engineer in your previous career
- You have exhaustive knowledge about container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes), cloud service providers (AWS) and databases (MariaDB, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis)
- You are very proficient in logging-, monitoring- and alerting approaches and you are passionate about grasping new topics plus focus areas
- You work with a problem-solving attitude, have a strong sense of responsibility and enjoy exploring new ways of reaching goals
- You are an absolute team player and support our strong sharing culture
What we offer
- Innovation: A challenging and diversified position in an international team, with the latest technologies to implement your own ideas and projects
- Variety: A wide-ranging field of activity in a dynamic, fast growing digital company and the opportunity to grow with your role
- Challenge: Working at Aroundhome means taking responsibility from day one combined with enough leeway and short decision paths
- Development: We offer you weekly Tech-meetups as well as great workshops to seek new input and specific training for your personal development
- Peers: An international team of specialists who are ready to bring you on board with their enthusiasm and teamspirit and show you our new brand new office at Potsdamer Platz
At the age of 23 and shortly before the break-out of the financial crisis in 2008, Robin Behlau and Mario Kohle founded their own company. Today, Aroundhome is the biggest marketplace for products and services around your home in Germany – and helps millions of people before purchasing a solar panel, new windows, or a kitchen to find exactly the right partner company in their neighbourhood.
And the story is not over yet. Together with our partners ProSiebenSat.1 and General Atlantic, one of the biggest growth investors in the world, we are working to make Aroundhome a big brand. For this mission, we are looking for you. Together, we want to grow and become one of the leading companies in Germany.
We are looking forward to meeting you in our headquarters at Potsdamer Platz in Berlin! We are Aroundhome. There for you around your home.