Join our Team!
To continue our success story we are now expanding our services to the rest of Europe. For our office in Berlin (Germany) we are currently looking for a (Senior) Data Engineer (m/f/x).
- As (Senior) Data Engineer (m/f/x) you take over responsibility for the flawless implementation and improvement of our future data processes as well as architecture
- You actively develop the platform with cutting edge technologies to streamline and analyze data flows from our existing backend infrastructure or external sources
- You are focussed on innovative, cloud-based services and automation concepts
- You understand yourself as a mentor who empowers your colleagues through methods of mutual learning (e.g. pair programming) as well as sharing best practices
- You explore and evaluate modern technologies to advance our products and address infrastructure scalability and performance challenges
- You gained several years of practical experience in modern programmatic data processing and analysis frameworks such as Apache Spark and got a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- You have exhaustive knowledge of Python or Scala (Ruby is a plus) and can also handle ETL processes and SQL
- You are familiar with data warehousing, cloud-based architecture and orchestration solutions such as Airflow
- You like to work in an agile environment that is characterised by an international team and intercultural exchange
- You are solution-oriented, pragmatic, have an eye for detail and are capable of explaining your actions and their results to others in an understandable way
What we offer
- Variety: A wide-ranging field of activity in a dynamic, fast growing digital company and the opportunity to actively shape the development of Aroundhome and grow with your role
- Innovation: A challenging and diversified position in a international team, with the latest technologies to implement your own ideas and projects
- Peers: An international team of specialists who are ready to bring you on board with their enthusiasm and teamspirit - you will notice this during pair programming or joint code reviews at the latest.
- Development: We offer you weekly Tech-meetups as well as great workshops to seek new input and specific training for your personal development
- Optimum working conditions: Agile methods, a workstation of your choice and a fully automatic coffee machine
Aroundhome is the largest provider of products and services for the home in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, and soon throughout Europe. Our 500 employees work every day to make our service even better for our specialist companies and customers. So that their house becomes a home.
No matter where our customers live. No matter what has to be done: Whether it be the terrace for the next family celebration, the garage for the new car or a front door for the perfect feeling of coming home. Today, Aroundhome already helps millions of people to make the right decisions about their homes. Not anonymous and not just digital. We take our time and are personally there for our customers.
Together with you, we want to develop Aroundhome into a platform around the house and look forward to welcoming you to our office at Potsdamer Platz.